- Occupancy Standard: We comply with the Federal & Local Occupancy Standards per Fair Housing Law.
- An application will be required for all persons 18 years or older. All applicants 18 or older are required to sign the lease. The application fee is non-refundable and is $50.00 per applicant. Those living in the apartment that are under the age of 18 will needs to be listed as an occupant on the lease agreement.
- A non-refundable administration fee of $100.00 is due at the time of application and is considered part of the application process. The administration fee is non-refundable.
- Each applicant must provide information on job history. You will be required to produce 2 paycheck stubs or an offer letter to verify your income. You may also have your employer fill out an employment verification form that we can use here in our office. If you are self-employed, you will be required to produce current income tax papers to verify your status and income. Gross monthly income must be three times the amount of the market rent to qualify for the standard security deposit options. Failure to provide income verification will result in application denial. Students may use ‘accepted’ financial aid, scholarships, I-09’s, I-20’s and/or student loans as financial documentation of income.
- A current credit report will be pulled on each applicant and evaluated according to our current selection criteria.
- Each applicant must provide information on rental history for the last 2 years; it is required to qualify for the standard security deposit options. Renting from family members is NOT considered to be a legitimate landlord reference.
- Criminal background checks are required on all applicants. If it is found that an applicant has a serious violation/felony, this may be cause for an automatic disqualification. Automatic disqualification is for, but not limited to, these types of violations and/or felonies: assault, theft, forgery/check fraud, bad checks, burglary, robbery, any sex-related crime, drugs, prostitution, and weapons.
- Guarantors are accepted only if the applicant does not meet the income qualifications. Guarantors gross monthly income must be 5 times the amount of the market rent with a full accept credit/background check.
- We welcome pets at Drakes Pond Apartments. All pets must have management approval. A Pet Addendum to Lease and any applicable pet fees must be paid upon move in. No more than 2 pets are allowed per apartment. **Breed Restrictions Apply **- We do not accept Akita, American Bull Dog, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepard, Mastiff, Presa Canario (Canary Dog), Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Dalmatian, or any mix of these breeds.
- The application fee and reservation/hold fee must be in separate verifiable funds. Cash, Money Orders, and/or personal checks are not accepted. If the application is not approved, the reservation/hold fee will be refunded. Online Applications will not need to be in separate forms; you may pay with a debit/credit card when applying online.
Drakes Pond Apartments complies with all Federal Fair Housing and Michigan Anti-Discrimination Laws. We do not discriminate on the following factors: race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, physical or mental handicap, marital status and familiar status.
*Applicant understands and agrees he/she has 24 hours from this date to provide all necessary documents to process the application or the reservation/cancellation fee will be forfeited. This document is not a lease nor guarantee of occupancy, but rather an information sheet to be used while the application is processed. The undersigned has read and understands all of the information listed above.